New Delhi, Oct 24 (PTI) Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) today reported over two-fold jump in consolidated net profit at Rs 590.80 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, 2016.The company had registered a consolidated net profit of Rs 238.40 crore in the July-September quarter a year ago, ZEEL said in a filing with the BSE.ZEELs total income on consolidated basis was up 2.67 per cent to Rs 1,785.18 crore during the quarter under review as against Rs 1,738.67 crore of the corresponding quarter last fiscal.The company has reported other income of Rs 203.13 crore during the quarter as against Rs 43.23 crore.”During Q2 of FY 2017-18, the transaction for Sale of Sports Broadcasting business of the Company to Sony Pictures Networks India Private Limited and its Affiliates (SPNI) was consummated with remittance of the balance consideration by SPNI,” the company said.Its total expenses was down 13.83 per cent to Rs 1,147.05 crore as against Rs 1,331.26 crore.ZEELs revenue from advertising in the second quarter of 2017-18 was at Rs 986.74 crore, up 2.87 per cent, as against Rs 959.16 crore in the same period last fiscal.However, its consolidated revenue from subscription was down 14.04 per cent to Rs 501.41 crore as against Rs 583.34 crore in the year-ago period.Shares of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd were trading at Rs 518.45 on BSE, up 5.19 per cent from previous close. PTI KRH MR
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Newcastle winger Saint-Maximin: We must build on Man Utd victoryby Paul Vegas15 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveNewcastle United winger Allan Saint-Maximin says they must build on victory over Manchester United.Saint-Maximin was impressive for the 1-0 win.He told nufc.co.uk: “It’s a great reaction after last week.“Everybody was very disappointed after losing against Leicester but we talked about it and said that this cannot happen again.“We are a good team with good players and we have to keep going and working hard. You always want to improve and play a great game against the great teams. We showed a lot of good things against Man United.“It’s a good time to win before the international break because everybody can now enjoy it a little bit before we play against Chelsea. We must make sure we keep going because we need to have good concentration and togetherness as a team to make sure we are ready for the next game.”
Chief Justice, Hon. Bryan Sykes, says case flow management is key in ensuring the timely conclusion of court proceedings. Story Highlights Addressing members of the judiciary at a three-day case management seminar at the Melia Braco Village in Trelawny on June 23, Mr. Sykes said several parish courts have been demonstrating mastery of case flow management and, in the process, clearing their backlogs. Chief Justice, Hon. Bryan Sykes, says case flow management is key in ensuring the timely conclusion of court proceedings.Addressing members of the judiciary at a three-day case management seminar at the Melia Braco Village in Trelawny on June 23, Mr. Sykes said several parish courts have been demonstrating mastery of case flow management and, in the process, clearing their backlogs.Noting that a comprehensive statistical report on the outcome of proceedings in the Supreme and Parish Courts was produced for the first time in 2017, Mr. Sykes said the data suggests that case flow management is “one of the most, if not the most effective means of managing cases effectively and taking them through in a timely manner from filing to disposition.”The Chief Justice said the report, which was collated over a 24-month period by Statistics and Data Capture Consultant, Dr. Denarto Dennis, also lists a number of components that can be used to measure the courts’ efficiency.“According to Dr. Dennis, one of the international benchmarks is hearing dates certainty… that deals with the likelihood of a case going on when it is set down for hearing. We have also been told by him that the minimum standard is 80 per cent which, in an ideal world, should be between 92 and 100 per cent,” he added.Mr. Sykes further noted that despite resource constraints, several courts islandwide have been showing significant improvements in their performance.“In the midst of what we are doing, we need to recognize that good things are happening within the courts and that it is not all doom and gloom,” he emphasized.Regarding criminal trials, the Chief Justice said the statistics revealed that hearing date certainty is approximately 54 per cent, while the average across all divisions is 69 per cent.“Divisions such as probate and matrimonial are said to be doing well, with hearing date certainty at over 80 per cent. For the first quarter of 2018, commercial courts are reporting a hearing date certainty of 92 per cent. As it relates to parish courts, the parishes of St Andrew, St Ann, and Westmoreland have seen a significant improvement in case clearance rate and backlog reduction, despite limited resources,” he informed.M. Sykes noted that Westmoreland, which has one of the heaviest caseloads, now has a case clearance rate of 86.7 per cent, while the Corporate Area’s stands at 76.25 per cent.“This was accomplished without any increase in resources or the number of judges, but through effective strategies to deal with difficult issues,” he further pointed out.The case flow management seminar was facilitated by the National Centre for State Courts in the USA, in collaboration with the Judicial Education Institute of Jamaica. Noting that a comprehensive statistical report on the outcome of proceedings in the Supreme and Parish Courts was produced for the first time in 2017, Mr. Sykes said the data suggests that case flow management is “one of the most, if not the most effective means of managing cases effectively and taking them through in a timely manner from filing to disposition.”
The power went out shortly after 6 a.m. Monday and is affecting over 8,000 customers.We are monitoring power outages throughout the region. More info to come shortly on status of individual schools. #yxj #fortstjohn #sd60— School District 60 (@sd60) October 7, 2019Have an update on this post? Email [email protected] UPDATE as of 8:40am – Alwin Holland will open without power as there is adequate daylight in the building. Duncan Cran will be closed until power comes back on as there is inadequate light in the building. The window shutters make the building pitch black in the classrooms. Please check the school Facebook pages for more information. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – School District 60 says the power outages are only affecting Alwin Holland, Duncan Cran, Upper Pine and Clearview.Buses will not be picking up students for Upper Pine and Clearview this morning as it is uncertain if they will have power and water.Buses will run to pick up in-town transfer students from those areas provided road conditions are safe.The bus for Upper Halfway will wait until the power comes back on up to 9:30am. If the power is not back on by 9:30 am the school will close for the day.Afternoon buses will run to return in-town transfer students.In Fort St John, we are monitoring power outages at Alwin Holland and Duncan Cran. Alwin Holland posted the following on their Facebook page:
New Delhi: Chinese top seeds Chen Yufei and Shi Yuqi Sunday pulled out of the India Open on medical grounds, taking some sheen off the $350,000 World Tour Super 500 tournament beginning on Tuesday. Chen recently broke a five-year title draught for China at the All England Championship and Shi Yuqi is the defending champion. With the top seeds withdrawing, India’s P V Sindhu will receive the top billing and is firm favourite to lift the trophy for the second time after claiming the crown in 2017 and reaching the finals in the last edition. China will be fielding its biggest contingent at the India Open this season with as many as 25 shuttlers competing in the tournament, which concludes on March 31. World No. 7 He Bingjiao will now lead the Chinese challenge in women’s singles and she is looking forward to some exciting duel with Olympic silver medallist Sindhu. “A lot of elite Indian players are playing around the world and they got good results. The likes of Saina and Sindhu are quality players. I need to prepare well against them,” Bingjiao said through an interpreter. “PV Sindhu has a very good level and when I play against her, I sometimes win and sometimes lose. The experience of playing Sindhu is very exciting.” Talking about her targets this season, Bingjiao said: There are three targets this year. First one is Sudirman Cup, I want to help my team members win the Sudirman Cup. “Last year I beat Tai Tzu Ying at World Championship, so this year I want to move forward and improve my position at the event. “I also want to join the Olympic team. This is a dream for every athlete. The only thing I can do is work hard and train hard,” he added.
Ohio State won’t soon forget the 2012 Homecoming football game against Nebraska. Records fell on the field and in the Ohio Stadium grandstands, and most importantly, No. 12 OSU (6-0, 2-0 Big Ten) outlasted No. 21 Nebraska (4-2, 1-1 Big Ten) in a raucous, back-and-forth affair, 63-38. A record Ohio Stadium crowd of 106,102 watched as OSU sophomore quarterback Braxton Miller powered OSU to victory. Miller set a new OSU single-game quarterback rushing record with 186 yards in the game. Miller also threw 127 yards on 7-of-14 pass attempts. Nebraska junior quarterback Taylor Martinez committed three turnovers in the game, one of which was returned 41 yards by OSU sophomore cornerback Bradley Roby. The game’s second interception, also caught by Roby, set OSU up for a go-ahead score in the second quarter. Martinez would finish the game 15-of-24 on pass attempts for 214 yards. The two 123-year-old Big Ten powers swapped scores into the second half, and three of the Buckeyes’ touchdowns belonged to junior running back Carlos Hyde. He finished the night with four scores on 140 yards on 28 carries, bringing his career touchdown tally in two games against the Cornhuskers to six. Hyde scored two touchdowns and ran for 104 yards during the Buckeyes’ Oct. 8 visit to Lincoln last season. OSU lost that game, 34-27, but Saturday was a different story. OSU and Nebraska seemed to go tit-for-tat on the scoreboard, but a punt return for a touchdown by OSU receiver Corey Brown put the game out of reach once and for all. Still, the Buckeyes poured on more offense. A 33-yard run by OSU redshirt sophomore Rod Smith put OSU up, 56-31. Martinez would score to bring Nebraska to within 18 points, but it was too late. OSU had won, and Meyer had helped the Buckeyes remain undefeated in his first season in Columbus. After taking a 7-0 lead on Roby’s interception for a touchdown, Nebraska roared out to a 17-7 lead as the Cornhuskers scored on three consecutive drives. Nebraska sophomore running back Ameer Abdullah scored back-to-back 1-yard touchdown runs to put his team up, 14-7, and senior kicker Brett Maher extended the lead to 17-7 with a 26-yard field goal. The Buckeyes’ offense sputtered out of the gate, punting on each of its first three drives. After the third punt, which was returned to inside the Buckeyes’ 30-yard line, Nebraska moved the ball 28 yards on just four plays to take the lead at 14-7 on an another 1-yard run by Abdullah. Abdullah finished the game with 22 yards on six carries. Like the previous three drives, OSU’s fourth possession ended well short of a score. A failed fake-punt attempt, which saw OSU redshirt senior Ben Buchanan wrapped up prior to gaining the necessary yardage, put Nebraska in line for a third consecutive score. Maher’s kick advanced Nebraska’s advantage to 17-7. OSU’s offense was floundering, but, as he often does, Miller came to the rescue. Miller broke a 72-yard run to put the Buckeyes back in scoring position, and the team capitalized when Hyde crossed into the end zone on a 1-yard run. Junior quarterback Kenny Guiton helped the Buckeyes finish the drive after Miller exited the field with an apparent injury following his long run. He would return on the following drive. With the score 17-14, Roby struck again, intercepting Martinez for the second time in the half. That set OSU up nicely for the go-ahead score – Miller flicked the ball five yards and sophomore tight end Jeff Heuerman did the rest, running untouched into the south end zone for his first career score. Martinez was unflinching in his response, though, as he led the Cornhuskers on a four-play, 75-yard drive that he finished himself with a nine-yard run. He barged into the end zone to restore Nebraska’s lead at 24-21 after several missed tackles by OSU. OSU came right back with a touchdown of its own on a seven-yard run by Hyde, and retook the lead at 28-24 with 3:11 to play in the half. The score represented the fifth and final lead change of the half, and OSU would add to its advantage 23 seconds before half. On 4th-and-1 from inside Nebraska territory, Miller took the ball on a draw and ended up with an opening that allowed him to run 31 yards to score and advance the OSU lead to 35-24. After fumbling the ball away to Nebraska and exiting the game with injury briefly in the second quarter, Miller finished the first half with 139 rushing yards. In fact, the entire OSU offense did an about-face in the second quarter – after posting 17 yards 15 minutes into the contest, OSU went to half outgaining the Cornhuskers, 259-241. Like it did last season in Lincoln, OSU brought a lead into the second half of the game. On Oct. 8, OSU blew the 20-6 lead it held at halftime before eventually falling in Nebraska’s first-ever Big Ten home game, 34-27. The second-half of Saturday’s game was an erie reminder of last season’s loss – Martinez completed a 3-yard touchdown pass to senior tight end Ben Cotton to bring Nebraska to within a score at 35-31. OSU quickly erased any chance of a comeback in the teams’ 2012 meetings with another Hyde touchdown. He busted into the north end zone to restore the Buckeyes’ 11-point advantage. Then the Silver Bullets defense took center stage. OSU senior defensive end John Simon stymied Nebraska’s next possession with a tackle in the backfield. Senior middle linebacker Storm Klein, who was previously removed from the Buckeyes after being arrested, also sacked Martinez during the Cornhuskers’ second possession of the half. Nebraska punted the ball away and junior receiver Corey Brown sent the record-Ohio Stadium crowd into a state of delirious celebration when he slid into the end zone on a 76-yard punt return for a touchdown. Tens of thousands of scarlet-clad OSU supporters bounced and shook the grandstands with thunderous cheering, and the cheering continued on Nebraska’s next possession. Martinez had the Cornhuskers offense driving late in the third quarter, but sailed a pass attempt that was intercepted by senior safety Orhian Johnson. After Smith 33-yard score in the fourth quarter, Martinez led Nebraska on another scoring drive, which he finished himself on a touchdown run less than six minutes remaining in the game, which OSU would take. Hyde punched in a late, 16-yard score to seal the victory for the Buckeyes. OSU is next scheduled to play Indiana in Bloomington, Ind., at 8 p.m. next Saturday.
Jack Grealish is ready to put the disappointment of failing to move to Tottenham behind him and “get to work” at Aston Villa for this seasonThe English midfielder had attempted to engineer a move away from the Championship side over the past few days that remained of the summer transfer window with Tottenham having had a strong interest in signing him.Although the probability of Grealish making the move to North London appeared to be unlikely following his appearance in Villa’s 3-1 win over Hull City in the Championship opener on Monday night.But new investors at Villa meant that they were no longer under pressure to sell the 22-year-old, who has now broken his silence on social media.“Let’s get back to work,” he wrote.Pochettino: ‘Happy’ Christian Eriksen ready for Spurs action Andrew Smyth – September 12, 2019 Mauricio Pochettino insists Christian Eriksen is “happy” and in the right frame of mind for Tottenham despite his failed summer exit.Villa will be hoping to make it back-to-back wins in the Championship this weekend when they host Wigan Athletic.Let’s get to work. #AVFC ❤️?⚽️ pic.twitter.com/excNZdSVOb— Jack Grealish (@JackGrealish1) August 9, 2018
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique believes the club can cope with the absence of talisman and captain Lionel Messi due to injury.The Spain international acknowledged the absence of Lionel Messi will be a blow but insists the team can cope without their superstar.Messi is expected to miss three weeks after fracturing his arm in Barca’s 4-2 win over Sevilla in Saturday’s Spanish league clash.After setting up Philippe Coutinho for the first goal of the game and scoring himself, the Argentine superstar landed heavily on his right arm before leaving the field in the first half at Camp Nou.Messi will miss next weekend’s Clasico against struggling Real Madrid, as well as Barca’s UEFA Champions League fixtures against Inter Milan.Match Preview: Barcelona vs Valencia Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Is derby time in La Liga, as Barcelona welcomes Valencia to the Camp Nou Stadium tonight at 21:00 (CET).“Psychologically we know that when he is there we are stronger but we cannot allow his absence to affect us,” Barca centre-back Pique said, according to FourFourTwo.“It makes a big difference to have or not to have him but we have enough cover so as not to worry about whether he is there or not.”Messi has scored seven league goals for the Catalan club this season and 12 in all competitions.“We will try to make sure Leo’s absence is noticed as little as possible,” Barca midfielder Ivan Rakitic added.
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri revealed one of the key benefits Eden Hazard brings to them in his ‘false nine’ roleThe Belgian superstar continued his stunning form on Saturday and assisted Willian for the decisive goal in Chelsea’s 2-1 win against Newcastle.Over the past month, Sarri has frequently chosen to start Hazard in a ‘false nine’ role and appears unlikely to make any changes soon following his latest comments.“At the moment in the defensive phase we are doing very well and one of the reasons, in my opinion, is that Eden is playing in that position,” said Sarri, according to Sports Mole.Despite a frustrating first-half at Stamford Bridge, Sarri feels that Hazard became more involved later on and enjoyed himself.“In the second half my feeling was that he enjoyed (it),” Sarri added.Sacchi explains Sarri, Conte, and Ancelotti Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Arrigo Sacchi talked about how Sarri has a tougher time at Juventus than Conte at Inter; while Ancelotti’s “blood is boiling” at Napoli.Arrigo Sacchi…“I played him there because I wanted to see the solution with the three small players.“I think that at this moment it is a very good solution because we are not less dangerous in the offensive phase.“And in the defensive phase, we are more balanced. In the last six matches, we have conceded only three goals and one was a penalty.“Now we need to improve attacking in the box when the ball is out of the box. It is impossible for Eden to stay in the box.”The Blues will next take on London rivals Arsenal, who they now sit six points above in fourth-place in the Premier League.