夜上海论坛TR

first_imgJoin DAZN and watch more than 100 fight nights a yearKovalev had been in negotiations to take on unified middleweight champion and WBA “regular” super middleweight titleholder Saul “Canelo” Alvarez on Sept. 14. BoxingScene.com reports that both sides are still in talks for the date. SI.com reports Kovalev’s promoter, Main Events, and Alvarez’s promoter, Golden Boy Promotions, are about $2 million apart. Boxing Scene also reports that if Alvarez-Kovalev does come to fruition, then Yarde will receive a substantial amount of money to step aside. The fact Kovalev vs. Yarde is official puts the ball in Alvarez’s court as to what he wants to do.A fight with Kovalev is still very much on the table, considering $2 million isn’t too much for either promotion. If this is the fight Alvarez really wants instead of a trilogy fight with Gennadiy Golovkin, then he needs to tell Golden Boy to pony up the money to get it done because, in the grand scheme of things beyond a GGG trilogy, this is the most high-profile fight out there for Alvarez.Things can get testy and the possibility remains that Alvarez-Kovalev doesn’t get done. Going back and revisiting the idea of a GGG trilogy isn’t what Alvarez wants; he already went 24 rounds with Golovkin and came out the victor in the rematch last September, and he doesn’t want to give the Kazakh star the satisfaction of getting another crack at him. There’s also WBA (super) super middleweight champion Callum Smith. Both Alvarez and Smith have expressed interest in a fight. That would appear to be the last resort for the Mexican star unless he’s willing to budge from his customary date during Mexican Independence Day weekend. Golden Boy president Eric Gomez told The Athletic that Alvarez would compete on Sept. 14. WBO titleholder Demetrius Andrade, who cruised to a lopsided decision win over Maciej Sulecki last month, is another option. ESPN reported last week that Gomez and Andrade’s promoter, Matchroom Boxing’s Eddie Hearn, exchanged text messages and talked by phone to see whether Andrade could do a quick turnaround and fight Alvarez. “Boo Boo” took no punishment in his last fight, so Hearn told Gomez there is significant interest. Andrade has been lobbying for the fight on social media, as well.Ultimately, Alvarez can’t go wrong in any of these scenarios.For the face of boxing, though, it has always been about fighting the toughest competition and trying to conquer the biggest challenges, regardless of what anyone thinks. The stakes are high and the ball is in Alvarez’s court, because the second Saturday in September is rapidly approaching. Sergey Kovalev finally has a fight confirmed, and it carries some “Canelo” ramifications.The Russian Boxing Federation announced Friday that Kovalev will be defending his WBO light heavyweight championship against mandatory challenger Anthony Yarde on Saturday, Aug. 24, at Traktor Sports Palace in Kovalev’s hometown of Chelyabinsk, Russia. last_img read more

first_imgMajella O’Donnell has spoken about her refusal to accept that she had cancer.The 55 year old was speaking to DonegalTV before she was guest of honour at the North West Cancer Ball in the Silver Tassie Hotel. In a hugely revealing interview, Majella saus she is convinced a ‘higher power’ encouraged her to go on the Late Late Show and raise money to help others fight the disease.Simply click on the video to see the interview.DDTV: MAJELLA SAYS A ‘HIGHER POWER’ HELPED HER BATTLE CANCER was last modified: November 29th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Cancer BallDDTVdonegal tvMajella O’Donnelllast_img read more