夜上海论坛RR

first_imgAll things considered, though, is it the right move for the Chargers to join the Rams to play in Los Angeles?“I haven’t followed it closely enough, but I don’t think it is,” Walton said. “But I’m a Chargers fan that wants the team in San Diego. I have no idea what’s happening on the business side of it. But I obviously would have liked them to stay.” Chargers owner Dean Spanos had threatened a move in recent years amid unsuccessful attempts to receive taxpayer funds to build a new stadium. But despite the Chargers making only one Super Bowl appearance in 1994 and making one playoff appearance in the past five years, Walton embodied the San Diego sports that supported them through the good and the bad.“We had a loyal group of fans that were used to tough times of trying to win. But we stuck with our team,” Walton said. “They were a big part of growing up in San Diego.” Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error SAN ANTONIO >> The calm and stoic tone in which Luke Walton spoke masked his frustration.He often has reacted that way as he has experienced the Lakers going through some early hiccups. The Lakers’ coach shared the same mood over the San Diego Chargers announcing their intentions to relocate to Los Angeles for the 2017 NFL season. The San Diego native also does not plan to buy season tickets just because his hometown team plans to move where he lives. “I’m a little heartbroken over it right now,” Walton said following morning shootaround in preparation for Thursday’s game against the San Antonio Spurs at AT&T Center. “I’m not ready to deal with the reality they’re going to leave San Diego.”last_img read more

first_imgData from the 10 high schools will be collected and published in a report that will be given to education officials and state policy makers. Discussions will take place between the 10 high school principals on topics including the rising drop out rate and what factors are contributing not graduating on time. A culture that emphasizes education is needed at Baldwin Park, Cruz said. “We have created a culture where kids fail and we don’t do anything about it.” He noted that nearly 40 seniors are in danger of not graduating because they have not passed the California High School Exit Exam. The district has provided after-school tutoring but the students have not taken advantage of the class. “I’m going to round up those seniors and put them in the class today,” he said. “I’m going tell them that `you will graduate and you will take this class,”‘ he said. [email protected] (626) 962-8811, Ext. 2108 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! “The days of waiting for the principal to come up with ideas is long gone,” said Luis Cruz, Baldwin Park High School principal. “Collectively, we need to find solutions.” Baldwin Park was one 10 high school in the state to receive the funds – which will be given in $50,000 increments over five years – administered by the California State University System. Schools that were performing average or below were able to apply for the grant. The CAPP grant was initiated last year, and the program was established in 1983, with the mission of better preparing high school students for college, said Dave Jolly, CAPP’s director. A CAPP mentor will be assigned to each school who will assist the school principals in making decisions or leading discussions with staff. BALDWIN PARK – Baldwin Park High School has received a $250,000 grant to help its students reach college. In addition to its emphasis on higher education, the California Academic Partnership Program funds will go toward helping students graduate on time, school officials said. Administrators said that over the years some high school seniors have accumulated only 30 credits – far short of the 220 required credits to graduate – and have to find alternative ways to pass the classes they need. Through the grant and discussions with teachers and students, school officials want to develop a system that pushes students toward college at an earlier age. last_img

first_imgIrish Water are advising that there will be disruptions to the water supply in Ballybofey today.The disruption, between 9am and 5pm today, is due to ‘essential improvement works to the water mains along the Donegal Road in Ballybofey’.A statement explains: “The following Areas and Estates within Ballybofey will be directly disrupted/ affected by low pressure or potential loss of supply: “All customers served from watermain along Donegal Road from Gallagher’s Garage/ Roadhouse Bar  to Glenfin Road Junction (Corner Bar); Ard McCarron Estate; Barnes Court; Blackrock Drive; Town View Heights; Weavers; Trusk Road; All customers as far as Sessiaghoneill Bridge.“In addition, ALL customers served within the area from the Donegal Road may experience discoloration on resumption of supply following completion of the essential works.“For updates please contact Irish Water on 1890 278 278 or Log on to www.water.ie or follow @IWCare or check out Donegal County Council website.”‘Essential improvement works’ means water disruption in Ballybofey today was last modified: June 27th, 2017 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BallybofeyDonegal County CouncilIrish Waterlast_img read more