first_img In the 15th minute the Egyptian linked with Aluko, whose deft reverse pass gave Graham the chance to cross for the advancing Quinn. Graham picked the right ball but Leandro Bacuna did well the bundle it out for a corner. Graham found himself on the end of similar cross from Elmohamady soon after, but he could not muster a clean connection from close range. Indeed it was Hull’s Allan McGregor who made the first save of the day, getting down well to claw a skiddy Agbonlahor effort wide. The Scottish goalkeeper was less secure at his next attempt, fumbling a long ball into the home area and relying on Faye to clear. Liam Rosenior was first into the referee’s book but the second card of the afternoon could have been a red one for Ashley Westwood. He was tussling with Tom Huddlestone on the halfway line when he appeared to thrust his arm towards his opponent’s face. Mark Clattenburg saw the incident but was content to caution Westwood. While that energised the fans, neither side did much to threaten again before the break. Immediately after the break Hull reverted to their earlier plan of allowing Elmohamady to attack Antonio Luna down the right. He responded with a pair of teasing crosses towards Graham though both were dealt with by Ron Vlaar and Guzan. It took 53 minutes for Weimann to impose himself on the game but when he finally put his pace to good use he turned a near lost cause into an effective cut-back for Agbonlahor. The striker took a touch before pulling the trigger but missed the target by a yard at the far post. A free-kick deep in Villa territory saw Aluko find Graham in the six-yard box but, as so often, his attempt to convert was not convincing and the danger passed. With a little over 20 minutes to play, Steve Bruce replaced Aluko and Quinn with Yannick Sagbo and George Boyd. Within seconds both new arrivals were involved in arguably Hull’s best move yet. Boyd released Maynor Figueroa on the overlap and when he whipped the ball towards the box, Sagbo dummied to leave Elmohamady with a shooting opportunity on the right-hand side of the area. But the winger snatched somewhat at his effort and sprayed it wide. Villa responded with a double change of their own, Aleksander Tonev and Jordan Bowery on for Westwood and Agbonlahor. The closing minutes had a scrappy quality, with Hull seemingly the nervier of the two sides, but although they ended on the front foot Villa would have been fortunate winners. For Villa, the formidable figure of Christian Benteke was a huge miss, while Hull were without four-goal top-scorer Robbie Brady (hernia) for the first time this season. Gabriel Agbonlahor did his best to make up for Benteke’s absence but missed a fine chance to score early in the second half after Andreas Weimann’s cutback left him with an inviting shot. That aside Weimann, whose pace should have been a big weapon against the 35-year-old Abdoulaye Faye, was well short of his best. The Tigers, meanwhile, did not force Brad Guzan into a single save as Danny Graham’s lengthy goal drought showed little sign of ending. Hull gave an early indication that they were up for a contest, with full-blooded but fair sliding tackles from Stephen Quinn and Jake Livermore in the opening exchanges. Sone Aluko even got involved, though he might be advised to stick to his attacking endeavours after being penalised for a mis-timed swipe at the impressive Fabian Delph. Agbonlahor was also looking lively, using his pace to find gaps and sending a snap-shot wide from 20 yards. Hull quickly decided the right wing was the their likeliest route to goal, with Ahmed Elmohamady the outlet. It is a result that should go down relatively well in both camps, with each side heading into the international break unbeaten in three Barclays Premier League matches and arguably ahead of their own schedules. Despite that, neither side went in search of a draw and the chronic shortage of clear goalscoring opportunities can instead be put down to a lack of an X-factor in the final third. Press Association Hull and Aston Villa played out a 0-0 draw at the KC Stadium in a match where endeavour comfortably outstripped inspiration.last_img read more

first_img “It’s the appropriate management of present concussions that will be the effective thing in avoiding long-term damage if there is any. “There’s nothing’s set in stone, it’s an area that needs a lot more research. “If someone gets two concussions within a season they should seek expert advice. “And certainly if they receive three in a season, they probably should get expert, neurology advice.” McLaughlin was keen to stress that the professional game has its own protocols but said even at elite levels, coaches, medics and administrators should be mindful not to let ambition come before player welfare. McLaughlin said: “At the international and professional level, the doctors are there with the main expertise to make these decisions and that’s what they should keep doing. “We are educating across all the levels, that everyone within organisations, coaches, players, officials, understand that they should not be putting pressure in a way that they would suggest that someone should stay on the pitch when they shouldn’t. “It’s about changing everyone’s opinion and the culture that’s out there, so that we don’t have inappropriate pressure put on people to stay on the pitch.” McLoughlin said research will continue at pace into the specific damage caused by concussion. Admitting it will be years before any definitive answers start to emerge, he said the most important course of action now is to drive home the message for players simply not to take any risks. He said: “We’ve seen a link that we need to monitor: we haven’t yet seen a cause and effect. “I think it will be a number of years before we can tell that because the pro game is in its infancy. Dr Rod McLaughlin joined the IRFU in September and has helped launch a new concussion guide to cover Ireland’s amateur game. The IRFU says anyone younger than 20 should sit out 23 days before returning to action, while adults should rest for 21. Press Association Any culture of pressurising players into toughing out potential concussions must be stamped out of rugby, according to the Irish Rugby Football Union’s new medical services boss.last_img read more

first_imgHearts of Oaks defender, Nuru Sulley has returned home from Egypt after only a few days stay in the Arabian land.Nuru who arrived in Ghana on Sunday night is hoping  that issues involving his move from Hearts would be resolved amicably and on time so he will finally join the exodus bandwagon. The defender had to return home upon the request of Accra Hearts of Oak who are yet to receive the transfer fee for the Stalwart Ghana defender.The defender disclosed. “I am back home upon the request of Hearts of Oak because there are issues surrounding my transfer which has not been dealt with. The transfer fee involved has not been paid to Hearts though I have had my share already. “The Egyptians want to pay $100,000 which is less than the $130,000 we originally agreed on with the Libyan club so Hearts objected it so I had to come back home whilst things are sorted out”. Libyan cub, Al-Nasr who agreed on a $130,000 transfer fee with Hearts but has had to loan the defender to El Geish in the Egyptian Premier League because of the postponement of the Libyan League due to violence in that region. The Federation of Libyan Football postponed the Libyan domestic football league until January 2015 following ongoing armed violence in the North African country. The new season was supposed to commence in August but fighting between rebel factions in the capital, Tripoli and Benghazi have made arrangements impossible. The general assembly of the body set for August 18 in Bayda, eastern Libya, was also suspended until further notice.Hearts are said to have recalled the defender because it had not received its share of the transfer fee involved in the transfer of their defender.last_img read more