夜上海论坛QP

first_imgGrammy Award-winning singer-songwriter and former Police frontman Sting has announced plans for an upcoming 16-date residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, NV.The upcoming shows are dubbed, Sting: My Songs, and will look to “present a compendium of Sting’s songs with dynamic, visual references to some of his most iconic videos and inspirations,” according to a press release.The 16-night run of shows will open up with a performance on May 22nd, 2020, and runs through September 2nd, 2020, though it is possible that additional concerts will be added depending on ticket demand and sales.Rolling Stone notes that, although Sting has yet to release complete info on ticket prices, ticket costs are speculated to begin at just $59 and there will be “a limited number of VIP meet & greet packages.” To give a frame of reference of what tickets may wind up costing, Journey is charging $109 for the worst seats at their own Vegas show at Caesars Palace, and $1,080 for the second row. James Taylor is a little more affordable, with his cheapest seats going for $87.16 and the best for $750. The high price seats often include meet & greets.Tickets for Sting’s upcoming Las Vegas residency go on sale Friday, May 3rd at 10 a.m. (PST). Head to Sting’s website for more information.last_img read more

first_imgMichael Olugbode in MaiduguriThe United Nations has revealed that 6.2 million people are targeted in the crisis ridden North-east with aids by humanitarian organisations in 2019.It also said as a fallout of the crisis, $983 million is needed during the year to provide basic necessities to the victims of the crisis in the Northeast and Lake Chad region. A statement signed yesterday by the Head of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) Communications, Samantha Newport, lamented that the crisis in the Northeast continued to make many people homeless.According to the statement, “Millions of civilians continue to grapple with extreme adversity across North-east Nigeria and the rest of the Lake Chad region where a recent surge in violence displaced tens of thousands people, exacerbating an already dire humanitarian situation.“Top UN officials are calling for support to respond to a humanitarian crisis that is now in its tenth year. The UN and partners, in support of the governments of Nigeria and of countries hosting Nigerian refugees, simultaneously launched the 2019 to 2021 Humanitarian Response Strategy and the Regional Refugee Response Plan, respectively seeking $848 million and $135 million to continue to provide food, water, shelter and protection to the most vulnerable people in Nigeria and neighbouring Cameroon, Chad and Niger.“The Humanitarian Response Strategy also articulates a collective vision for the next three years of humanitarian action and marks the first time in Nigeria that humanitarian actors are adopting a multi-year approach.”The statement quoted UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Nigeria, Mr. Edward Kallon, to have said: “We must sustain the efforts made over the recent years to ensure that aids reach those who need them most. The decade-long conflict has brought immense suffering upon children, women, men, their families and communities. We have saved millions of lives, and as we strive to provide immediate response to new and existing humanitarian needs, we must also focus on addressing the causes of such untold suffering.”The statement further said: “Humanitarian organisations in Nigeria are targeting 6.2 million people who are hardest-hit by the crisis in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States in the North-east region. Although aid groups targeted almost the same number of people in 2018, this year’s budget is around $250 million less than the previous year, based on the assessed needs and the realistic capacity to deliver aid. Last year, donors provided 67 per cent of the funds, or $700 million, enabling humanitarians to provide aid to more than 5.5 million people.“UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, seeks funding for the 228,500 Nigerian refugees who have fled into neighbouring Cameroon, Chad and Niger, pointing to a disturbing trend of events.”Also, the UNDP’s Regional Coordinator, Nana Oumou Touré-Sy while lamenting that “the continuing conflict in the Northeast further increases the vulnerability of refugees, IDPs, families and host communities already facing deep development challenges,” warned that “Together with humanitarian partners and governments, UNDP supports the comprehensive response to the refugee crisis by targeting weaknesses and vulnerabilities of refugees and host communities as a way to mitigate the risk of conflict between communities.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

first_imgDidier Drogba hopes to mark his return to Chelsea with a Galatasaray victory on Tuesday night when he plans to keep his emotions in check. The 36-year-old, whose final act after eight years as a Chelsea player was scoring the decisive penalty in the 2012 European Cup win over Bayern Munich, returns to his old stomping ground with the UEFA Champions League last-16 tie finely poised at 1-1 after the first leg.The Côte d’Ivoire striker admitted he would feel mixed emotions when he was asked if he would celebrate the winning goal at Stamford Bridge, if he scores it. “With all the respect that I have for this club, for the fans and for the players, I might not celebrate, but if we win I’ll be happy,” said Drogba, who was speaking at Stamford Bridge.”I’m really happy to come back and to see some familiar faces. It’s a big game. The Champions League is a big competition and it means a lot for my team. I’ll find a way to play. It’s very difficult to play against Chelsea, but it’s not going to be difficult for me to put myself into the competition mode.”Now I belong to Galatasaray. I need to be professional. Of course there will be emotions. Like the first leg to see my ex-team-mates and also the Chelsea fans in the stadium was special. But then there was the game and the game as you could see was tough, was good, with high intensity. I think it’s going to be the same tomorrow.”Prior to the draw in December, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho hoped for his side to be reunited with Drogba, who netted 157 goals in 341 appearances before leaving for a spell in Shanghai. Mourinho, who signed Drogba for Chelsea from Marseille in 2004, was given a rousing ovation when he made his return to the Blues dugout in August after a near six-year absence and hopes the Ivorian will experience similar acclaim. It’s very difficult to play against Chelsea, but it’s not going to be difficult for me to put myself into the competition mode.Didier Drogba, Galatsaray striker, on returning to face his old club It is anticipated he will, after his decisive interventions in Munich left an indelible mark on the hearts and minds of all Chelsea fans as they became the first London club to lift the European Cup. “To leave Chelsea on a high like I did, if I could do it I would do it again the same way,” Drogba added.”But then I always say that I believe in destiny and if I ever wanted to play again for this team, I think it could’ve happened a long time ago. As it didn’t there’s no problem with that. I’m really happy at Galatasaray. I’m focusing on this game tomorrow, because for me it’s an important one and I want it to be the best one.” Mourinho returned to Chelsea with Inter Milan en route to winning the 2010 Champions League and Drogba has no qualms with ending the Blues’ participation in the 2014 edition. “I have nothing to prove to this club,” he added. “Everything I had to prove I think I did it with Chelsea. I come here with another team. I just want to win the game, I just want to qualify. There’s nothing personal against Chelsea, there will never be.”Drogba has expressed a desire to remain in football when he calls time on his career. Asked if he would like that to be at Chelsea, after reports surfaced earlier this year that Mourinho had offered him a coaching role, he said: “Of course, but just not now. I still want to play.”Drogba is the main protagonist of a contest which pits Mourinho against his predecessor as Inter boss, the former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini. Mancini steered City to the 2012 Premier League title – City’s first championship in 44 years – and is relishing his return to England. “I did a really good job with Manchester City,” Mancini said. “I’m very happy to play this game, first of all because it’s here in London and after because it’s Champions League.”A win or a score draw of 2-2 or more would see Galatasaray progress, with Mancini comparing the scenario to the end of Group B, when a 1-0 win over Juventus saw them advance at the Italians’ expense. “We did a miracle in the group because it was really diffcult to go through in that group,” Mancini added. “Chelsea have a small advantage. I don’t know if it will be enough to score one goal. Tomorrow we will see what happens.”The Italian said he would accept Mourinho’s offer, made in Istanbul, of a post-match dinner, on one condition. Mancini added: “If we win, sure. And I’ll pay.”last_img read more

first_imgJasmina Tinjić, who plays for a prize fund of 50.000 dollars, opened the tournament in Quanzhou, in China with the results 2:1, per sets (6:7, 6:3, 6:4).The best B&H female tennis player won against the local tennis player Ran Tian, who is 818 in the WTA list. According to Jasmina, the process of adaption with the time difference was difficult.“Now that I am adapting with the zone changes, I believe that I will be more confident in the upcoming matches. Weather conditions for the game were not ideal. It was very windy, but I managed to win the game despite losing in the first set. I believe that I will play much better in  the second round, but the goal remains the same, at least semi-finals”, said Tinjić, who will play the next match on Wednesday morning.(Source: Klix.ba)last_img read more