Stay tuned for more news from Umphrey’s McGee about their two additional show announcements for the fall. Cummins also explained that while the group is focused on solidifying their fall tour plans, the band plans to announce their plans for New Year’s Eve in the not-so-distant future. In the same thread, Cummins also noted that the band will not be performing a Halloween run this year, marking the first time Umphrey’s McGee has forgone their Halloween tradition in years. Last year, the band celebrated Halloween at The Pageant in St. Louis, performing a Prince-themed extravaganza that saw the band dressed as The Purple One from six distinct eras. As for 2018, when pressed, Cummins elaborated on why the band was foregoing their Halloween tradition. He explained: For more information and tickets for Umphrey’s McGee’s upcoming shows, head here. Following Umphrey’s McGee’s highly anticipated three-night run at the iconic Red Rocks Amphitheatre in early July, keyboardist Joel Cummins took to Twitter to talk about the band’s fall plans. Umphrey’s McGee’s extensive tour schedule will continue throughout the summer and into the fall, with stops at music festivals like The Peach, Werk Out, Major Rager St. Louis, LOCKN’, and The Big Weekend, in addition to dozens of headlining shows at theaters across the country. In the thread, Cummins noted that the band will announce two more shows before their two-night run at St. Paul, Minnesota’s Palace Theatre on October 19th and 20th. After a fan speculated, he confirmed that radius clauses were preventing the band from announcing the soon-to-be-announced shows.
Press Association The 32-year-old striker will add the title of his country’s most-capped player to that of its record goalscorer when he passes the 125-mark he shared with Shay Given for less than a week in the World Cup qualifier against the Faroe Islands. However, he has no intention of resting on his laurels as he contemplates several more seasons at the coalface. Keane said: “I’m certainly enjoying it because you have to enjoy it. I love doing it, I love training every day.” Robbie Keane will win a record 126th Ireland cap on Friday night confident he still has another five or six years in his legs. He went on: “When you get older, your desire and your hunger are even more so because even though I don’t I am feel coming to end – because I am not, I still have another at least have five, six years left in me – you know you are not that young lad anymore where you are not too worried about future because you feel like you can go on forever. “I am certainly enjoying my football, there’s not question about that, but I always have. I am very privileged, there’s no question about that. I get paid to do something that I absolutely love doing. It’s not that bad, is it? “People forget I am 32 years of age, is not like I’m 34, 36 or whatever. People are talking about (keeper David) Forde being in the squad and he’s a newcomer, but he’s 33 years of age. I am a year older than Wes Hoolahan and he’s a newcomer; John O’Shea is the same age as me. “People talk about it because I have been around for so long. For me, I have certainly got no intentions at all (of retiring) at this moment in time. As long as I have the hunger and desire, there’s no reason for me not to. I will retire when I stop scoring goals.” For all Friday night will be a proud occasion for Keane and his family – his four-year-old son Robert will be mascot – he is focussing only on the quest for three precious points. He said: “It’s something that maybe in 10 years’ time, I will look back on and be very, very proud of. But when you are still part of the squad and you are still training and you are still looking forward to the game, it’s something you don’t really think about too much because you are focussing so much on the game. “It’s a big occasion for myself, but I think more so for the family. They are the ones who are speaking about it all the time and very, very excited about it whereas for me, the most important thing is playing the game and getting a result for the team.”
DES MOINES — The recent U-S Drought Monitor report shows abnormally dry conditions in about 35 percent of the state, with eight west-central counties classified as being in moderate drought. Iowa Department of Natural Resources analyst Tim Hall says the state remains in a contrast when it comes to water conditions. “You almost can draw a north-south line along Interstate 35. And to the west of the interstate in the last month — those areas have been short of rainfall. And on the east side of I-35, we’ve had excess rainfall,” Hall says. While parts of the state are characterized as dry — Hall says there are two different ways to look at it. “In drought terminology we sometimes talk about an agricultural drought versus a hydrological drought,” he says. “And the agricultural drought comes much more quickly because those crops need moisture and they typically get it from the upper part of the soil profile.” The other type of drought impacts more long-term water needs. “For drinking water for groundwater. So, we’re concerned and we are watching it, but right now the impacts are primarily agricultural. But if things don’t improve, then we’ll start to see those impacts move into other parts of the system,” Hall says. He says not all rain will help get rid of the dry conditions. Hall says we often get thunderstorms this time of year that dump big amounts of rain and that tends to run off the ground quickly, and is not as helpful to crops. He says a slow, steady rain would be the most helpful right now. Hall says the longer the drought continues, the more you have to worry about the time it takes to come out of it. “Drought conditions typically are a long time building up — they don’t come generally very quickly. And on the other side of the coin — to move a drought out of the state doesn’t come in one rainstorm — typically it takes a prolonged period of wet weather,” according to Hall. Hall says the rains can also be sporadic this time of year and help one area agriculturally — while leaving another area still in need of rain.
Tata Motors has shortlisted three names, one out of which will be the new name given to its latest hatchback, the Zica. Tata Motors wants to change the name of the car due to its resemblance with the ‘Zika’ virus.The three names shortlisted by Tata Motors are – Adore (Uh-dohr), Civet (Siv -it) and Tiago (T ee – ah -g oh). These names were suggested in the Fantastico name hunt contest that was run for three days on social media channels.The Fantastico name hunt contest saw engagement of 48 million users in the contest and roughly 37,000 names were suggested. Once again the company has ask the people to choose between the three names and you can do so on their website.The Zica will be powered by the new 1.2-litre Revotron and 1.05-litre Revotorq engines developed by Tata Motors. The car also features Tata’s new IMPACT design language and it sports a prominent shoulder line all the way to the tail lamp.The Zica will be offered with a five-speed manual transmission.