夜上海论坛PC

first_imgThe SDMS AquaTrojans stay perfect as both boys and girls traveled to Centerville on Monday night. The boys won 94-43 while the girls won 111-71.Individual winners include: Grace Crane-200 Freestyle, 500 Freestyle; Jacob Weber-200 Freestyle, 50 Freestyle; Noah Arnold-200 IM, 1-meter diving; Hannah Weber-100 Butterfly; Evan Ludwig-100 Butterfly; Mackenzie Schantz-100 Freestyle; Jackson Ketcham-100 Freestyle, 100 Backstroke; Matthew Badinghaus-500 Freestyle; and Michaela Cassidy-100 Breaststroke.SDMS won all but 2 relays. SDMS looks to remain undefeated as they travel to Connersville to take on the Spartans Thursday night. Come out and support your undefeated Trojans!!!!Courtesy of AquaTrojans Coach Brandon Lovelesslast_img read more

first_img Press Association But the Dutchman had been on the field for only four minutes before he swung over the corner that Phil Jones’ swept home for United’s winner. Elation at the goal, which confirmed United as group stage winners, was tempered by news that Van Persie had strained his thigh as he was taking the corner. It means the 30-year-old is now set to miss Sunday’s trip to Aston Villa, the entire festive programme, Wednesday’s Capital One Cup quarter-final against Stoke, plus the first leg of any subsequent semi-final and the FA Cup third round encounter with Swansea on January 5. For Moyes, who is looking to guide United back up the Premier League table after successive home losses, it is a major setback given Van Persie’s status as Golden Boot winner for the past two seasons. “It is a big blow to us,” said the United boss. “He picked up a thigh strain in taking a corner kick which led to the goal. “It is unfortunate because if you look at our record with Wayne Rooney and Robin in the team it is actually very good and we have not had them for quite a period recently.” Although he has not reached the levels of last term, Van Persie has scored on eight occasions, most recently when he headed home the winner against his old club Arsenal on November 10. David Moyes has been dealt an injury hammer-blow after Manchester United striker Robin van Persie was ruled out for four weeks with a thigh injury. After a largely uninterrupted debut campaign with the Old Trafford outfit, Van Persie has suffered a series of setbacks this time around. Troubled by groin and toe problems, Van Persie was making only his 16th appearance of the campaign when he was introduced as a substitute during Tuesday’s Champions League win over Shakhtar Donetsk. Moyes could be forgiven for believing he was cursed given influential midfielder Michael Carrick has been missing since that Arsenal game, when he aggravated an Achilles complaint. In addition, £27.5million new-boy Marouane Fellaini has been troubled by a wrist injury and is now laid low by a back complaint, while veteran pair Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra, plus England defender Chris Smalling, also missed the Shakhtar victory. “I have no doubt it will get better,” said Moyes. “I am sure we have plenty of players who can cover it and we don’t miss them too much.” If there is one silver lining for Moyes, it is that he does have plenty of offensive options available and Wayne Rooney has enjoyed a reasonably productive partnership with Shinji Kagawa when the pair have operated in tandem. Yet United’s tally of just eight goals at Old Trafford takes some explaining. Moyes feels the absence of Carrick might have something to do with it given he failed to make the signings he wanted during the summer. “I do (feel United have felt Carrick’s loss),” said Moyes “We need him for his creativity. We have missed him for lots of other reasons as well. “We were looking for a couple of midfield players in the summer. We needed one who could give us something else if we did get an injury to Michael or one who could have played with him. “We weren’t able to get two. We got one so we have definitely been a little bit short in that area. “Hopefully he is not too far away and he will be back in a couple of weeks.” last_img read more

first_imgThe Latest: Celtics’ Smart says he has been cleared of virus In a message posted late Sunday on Twitter, Smart says he was informed of the news Friday by the Massachusetts Department of Health. He thanked everyone for their support.“Stay safe and stay together — apart!” Smart wrote.Boston played the Utah Jazz on March 6. Five days later, Jazz All-Star Rudy Gobert announced he had tested positive for COVID-19, triggering rolling shutdowns of sports around the world.Smart tested positive on March 19. He had been in isolation since then and was being monitoring by Celtics medical staff. His teammates, coaches and staff members were also tested, but those tests have come back negative.___ World Triathlon president Marisol Casado says “even though we would have preferred to move the games to earlier dates, where the impact of the heat was a bit lower, we agreed that these dates are the best solution.”All sports federations involved in the Olympics signed off on the new dates.Casado says “I am absolutely confident that we will have magnificent games in Tokyo next summer, with the help and support of all of us involved in the preparations for hosting the event.”The International Olympic Committee previously moved the marathons and race walking events to Japan’s northern city of Sapporo and scheduled most of them to start early in the morning to avoid the heat in Tokyo.Triathlon has remained in the capital even though it includes running. ___Atlanta United President Darren Eales says Major League Soccer still intends to play a full 34-game schedule this season, even though the league will be shuttered for at least two months because of the new coronavirus.Eales says MLS is more fortunate than other leagues around the world that play the traditional fall-to-spring schedule and may have trouble completing their seasons in such a compressed time frame.MLS was just two weeks into its season when play was halted March 12 because of the pandemic. The league has set a tentative return date of May 10, though the growing death toll in the United States could force that date to be pushed back.Eales says everything is on the table, including the possibility of resuming league play in empty stadiums. “We’re fortunate that we had just started our season,” he said Monday during a teleconference with Atlanta media. “We have the whole calendar year to reschedule the games we missed. The emphasis is on playing all 34 games plus the playoffs.”MLS will likely schedule more midweek games and push back its MLS Cup championship game into mid-December in a bid to play a full season, according to Eales. He added that the playoffs could begin in mid-November — around the time MLS had been planning its title game.___General manager Brian MacLellan says no Washington Capitals players have tested positive for COVID-19 or shown any symptoms after using the same locker room as NBA players who later tested positive.MacLellan says the team hasn’t had any sickness complaints from players related to the coronavirus pandemic that suspended the NHL season. The Capitals followed the NBA’s Utah Jazz in the visiting locker room at Madison Square Garden in New York in early March. Two Jazz players tested positive. FINA’s biennial worlds were planned for July 16-Aug. 1, 2021, in Fukuoka. That slot is now taken by the Tokyo Olympics.FINA says knowing the Olympic dates “is very helpful to federations and athletes everywhere.”The governing body of track quickly committed to pushing back its world championships to 2022. But FINA has the added complication of the 2022 Commonwealth Games because many top swimmers compete in both events.___The governing body of triathlon says it wanted the rescheduled Olympics to be held earlier in the year to avoid the summer heat but has accepted the new dates. The Irish Open is one of the high-profile events that make up the tour’s Rolex Series and had prize money of $7 million this year. It was due to be hosted by Graeme McDowell at the Mount Juliet Estate in County Kilkenny.Regular tour events in Kenya, India, Malaysia, China, Spain, Portugal and Denmark have already been postponed or canceled.European Tour chief executive Keith Pelley says “we will continue to evaluate all aspects of our 2020 European Tour schedule, and discussions on the rescheduling of postponed events will remain ongoing until we have clarity on the global situation.” ___The governing body of swimming welcomed the new Tokyo Olympic dates without giving any detail of how to reschedule its own world championships in Japan next year. The British and Irish Lions and SA Rugby have delayed the ticket ballots in Europe and South Africa and the release of the supporters’ tour packages because of the coronavirus outbreak.Both were to be launched next month for the tour in July 2021.“Everyone’s priorities are in doing everything they can to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, and we are no exception,” SA Rugby CEO Jurie Roux said in a statement on Monday. “We ask our passionate rugby supporters to please bear with us during this difficult time.”The eight-match tour is going ahead as scheduled despite clashing with the postponed Tokyo Olympics.The tests are on July 24 — the day after the games open — July 31, and Aug. 7. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Boston Celtics guard Marcus Smart says he has been cleared by medical officials after testing positive for the new coronavirus earlier this month. MacLellan said on a conference call Monday that “we’re pretty much daily checking in with players to see if they’re exhibiting any” symptoms.Four NHL players have tested positive for the new coronavirus: two on the Ottawa Senators and two on the Colorado Avalanche. NHL chief medical officer Winne Meeuwisse said last week he was “thankful” the numbers have been low.___The Irish Open has become the latest European Tour golf event to be postponed because of the coronavirus outbreak.The tournament was scheduled for May 28-31. There will now be no play on the tour until June at the earliest. The next possible tournament is the Trophee Hassan II in Morocco from June 4-7. March 30, 2020 Associated Press ___The Tokyo Olympics will open next year in the same time slot scheduled for this year’s games.Tokyo organizers say the opening ceremony will take place on July 23, 2021 — almost exactly one year after the games were due to start this year.The IOC and Japanese organizers last week postponed the Olympics until 2021 because of the coronavirus pandemic.This year’s games were scheduled to open on July 24 and close on Aug. 9. But the near exact one-year delay will see the rescheduled closing ceremony on Aug. 8. ___The governing body of track and field says it supports the new dates for the Tokyo Olympics and is working with organizers in Eugene, Oregon, to move its world championships to 2022.World Athletics says “everyone needs to be flexible and compromise.”The 2021 track worlds were scheduled to be next year from Aug. 6-15.World Athletics says it will consult with the organizers of the Commonwealth Games and the European Athletics Championships. Those are other major track events scheduled to take place in 2022. There had been talk of switching the Olympics to spring, a move that would coincide with the blooming of Japan’s famous cherry blossoms. But it would also clash with European soccer and North American sports leagues.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6last_img read more

first_img Related Articles Share Senet Australia appoints Paul Newsom as new client advisory lead  August 27, 2020 StumbleUpon Submit GLMS calls for increased vigilance regarding betting sponsorships July 23, 2020 Marketing departments across the industry will be on full alert after the Gambling Commission announced that it would deal ‘more severely’ with any novelty betting markets which do not maintain the standards required.Tabcorp UK, which runs the SunBets operation on behalf of News International, has now had conditions around novelty betting attached to its gambling licence and been told to pay £84,000 to socially responsible causes after an investigation by the regulator into a number of matters.Tabcorp UK failed to properly risk assess two novelty betting markets offered in relation to an FA Cup tie between Sutton United v Arsenal on 20 February 2017. Had it done so, Tabcorp UK accepts those markets would not have been offered. One of the markets was dependent on a football player eating a pie during the match and the other was dependent on a streaker running across the pitch.Richard Watson, Gambling Commission programme director, said: “Novelty betting markets, such as the market Tabcorp UK offered on last year’s FA Cup tie between Sutton United v Arsenal, may seem like a bit of fun but the consequences were serious – with the potential to encourage someone to commit a criminal act or breach a sports governing bodies’ rules.”Tabcorp UK has accepted that it should not have placed reliance on the eating of the pie being broadcast live on the BBC as being sufficient to fully manage the potential integrity risks involved. It also accepts that had a proper risk assessment been carried out at the time, it would not have offered the market.It also accepts that it was inappropriate, and at odds with the licensing objective to keep crime out of gambling, to offer markets on an event which would involve the commission of a criminal offence. It also accepts that the risk of the streaker market inducing or appearing to induce criminal conduct should have been recognised by an internal risk assessment process and, as a result, the market should not have been offered.The Commission has now made a statement underlying the seriousness of the matter: “Betting operators licensed in June 2016 were all warned about the risks of novelty markets. We will deal more severely with any operator who disregards the guidance outlined in that document and this report.“Operators offering novelty markets must demonstrate a robust management of the associated risks in order to ensure they uphold the licensing objectives. It is not acceptable to offer novelty markets which could induce a criminal offence, a breach of a sports governing body’s rules, or which give rise to unacceptable risks to betting integrity.”The Commission has also added these specific conditions to Tabcorp UK’s licence:a) The Licensee shall ensure that all “novelty” betting markets (“novelty” does not include any standard occurrence during a sporting event) are appropriately risk assessed, and are only created and approved in line with the Licensee’s written novelty markets procedure. Such procedure shall ensure that improper “novelty” betting markets are not offered, and that an audit trail identifies a named individual who takes responsibility for the approval of each such market.b) The following betting markets will not be offered by the operator:i. Novelty markets which are dependent on an event which would be a breach of the relevant sports governing body’s current and publicly accessible rules; orii. Any markets which are dependent on an event which would involve the commission of a criminal offence.Given that the event happened 14 months ago, there will be question marks around the Gambling Commission’s expediency on the matter. However it’s investigation was more multi-layered than previously thought, with Tabcorp highlight a number of other issues around self-exclusion and risk management.Between November 2016 and May 2017 Tabcorp UK received 12 complaints from self-excluded customers that they had been able to circumvent self-exclusion arrangements. In May 2017 Tabcorp UK performed a review of the system and notified us of the issue through key event reporting. Its investigation revealed that between August 2016 and May 2017, 118 self-excluded customers had opened a further 141 duplicate accounts.It then refunded deposits on 127 accounts, totalling £24,174.97 and €50. Of the remaining 14 accounts, withdrawals exceeded deposits.Watson added: “Vulnerable customers were able to gamble with Tabcorp UK, despite choosing to self-exclude. This is not acceptable. Gambling firms must ensure the systems they have in place are protecting their customers effectively.”The company also admitted that some staff members took bets ahead of the 2017 Cheltenham Festival ar a promotional event, despite the company not having a licence to do so. Tabcorp UK accepts that it failed to sufficiently manage the risks of staff at the event offering facilities which its licence did not cover and, had it done so, additional staff training and supervision would have been provided.Immediately following the event, Tabcorp UK took action to prevent recurrence by putting in place measures to ensure that a member of the compliance team attends all similar events in the future, and is accountable for ensuring that all relevant staff are appropriately trained and supervised.As part of the settlement with the regulator, for the self-exclusion breach – Tabcorp UK has paid £50,000 payment in lieu of a financial penalty to charities for socially responsible purposes. This is in addition to the £24,174 already returned to affected customers. It has also paid £10,000 towards the Commission’s investigation costs.In determining the appropriate outcome, the Commission said it took the following factors into account:Timely self-reporting of issuesThorough internal investigation which was fully reported upon to the CommissionProactive action to address failings and weaknessesProactively refunding £24,000 to affected customers, rather than awaiting regulatory actionAdmissions made. Share Tabcorp raises $371m through institutional entitlement offer August 24, 2020last_img read more