夜上海论坛LD

first_imgLondon: English giants Chelsea on Thursday announced that they have reached an agreement with RB Leipzig over the transfer of hotshot striker Timo Werner, subject to passing a medical examination. The 24-year-old has also agreed personal terms with Chelsea and will join ‘The Blues’ in July. He will remain with Leipzig for the rest of the Bundesliga season. “I am delighted to be signing for Chelsea, it is a very proud moment for me to be joining this great club,” Werner was quoted as saying in the statement released on Chelsea’s Twitter handle. “I of course want to thank RB Leipzig, the club and the fans, for four fantastic years. You will forever be in my heart. “I look forward to next season with my new team-mates, my new manager and of course the Chelsea fans. Together we have a very successful future ahead of us,” he added. It is being reported by Daily Mail that Chelsea have agreed to pay 53 million pounds for Werner, which was his release clause and he will reportedly be earning 175,000 pounds week for the next five years at Stamford Bridge. Werner is currently enjoying the most profitable season of his career yet, having already scored 32 goals and registered 13 assists in 43 appearances in all competitions. IANS Also Watch: Morning Bulletin | 19th June, 2020last_img read more

first_img“Assessing the likelihood of smoke-induced interruptions is a bit like how we treat heat and rain,” tournament director Craig Tiley said.“The health of players, fans and staff is a priority at all times.”Visibility in Melbourne, which hosts the opening Grand Slam of the year this month, is less than 1km (0.62 miles) in some parts of the city and surrounding areas, according to Victoria’s Bureau of Meteorology.The air quality index in the city reached 213 on Monday, with a reading above 200 considered “very unhealthy”.Qualifying for the Australian Open begins on Tuesday, 14 January, with the main draw starting on 20 January.“We have experts who analyse all available live data as specific to our sites as possible and consult regularly with tournament officials and, in the case of heat and smoke, medical experts,” Tiley added.“We have access to real-time monitoring of air quality at all of our venues and are working closely with medical personnel and local experts onsite to ensure we have the best possible information available to make any decisions regarding whether play should be halted at any point.”There have been no smoke-related interruptions so far at the ATP Cup, which is taking place in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, but this week’s Canberra challenger event was relocated more than 450km away to Bendigo and some football and basketball matches have been cancelled.Nick Kyrgios, Novak Djokovic and Ashleigh Barty have been among the tennis players who have pledged financial support to the relief fund.Australian Open organisers also announced plans to raise money, including staging an “AO Rally for Relief” with a group of leading players and a music event.“The inordinate loss of people, wildlife, stock, homes, schools and businesses is going to require an extraordinarily widespread effort to get these families and communities back on their feet,” Tiley said. “Our aim is for tennis to play a significant role where we can to help that recovery.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram BUSHFIRES FALLOUTAustralian Open matches could be suspended if air quality is too bad, organisers said after Melbourne reached “very unhealthy” levels amid bushfires.Fires in Australia have killed at least 24 people since September and millions of hectares of land have been scorched.last_img read more

first_img1 Alex Sandro in action for Porto Manchester City and Juventus are battling it out to secure the signature of Porto defender Alex Sandro.The Brazilian defender has been one of Porto’s most consistent performers since joining them in 2011 and is being tracked by some of Europe’s financial giants.City are keen to add a full-back to their ranks this summer and are rivalling Juve in the pursuit of the defender, according to Sky Italia.However, Porto have already lost right-back Danilo to Real Madrid this summer and are reluctant to lose Sandro unless a they receive a lucrative bid.But the 24-year-old has just one year left on his contract and Porto may decide to cash in as it is unlikely he will sign a new deal.last_img read more

first_imgThe FIFA World Cup draw for Africa will be held in Egypt. (PHOTO/Courtesy)With the Africa Cup of Nations 2021 qualifying groups now known, the Confederations of African football (CAF) has shifted its attention to the next world cup.The global football showpiece event in question is the World Cup 2022, which will be held in Qatar.Three years to the said event, CAF, on Monday 22nd July, announced the dates for the draws of the qualifiers.It was announced that the draws will take place at the CAF headquarters in Cairo-Egypt, on Sunday, 6th October 2019.A previous proposal to merge the qualification rounds for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) with those for the World Cup 2022 was turned down after a CAF meeting on 11 June 2018. CAF reverted to the format used for the 2021 FIFA World Cup qualifiers competition.All 54 FIFA-affiliated football associations from CAF are expected to enter qualification.Libya was initially threatened with exclusion from the qualifiers if it failed to pay debts to their former coach Javier Clemente. However, Libya complied after FIFA gave them a new deadline. Sierra Leone also initially faced possible exclusion from the qualifiers due to the suspension of their football association. However, the suspension was lifted by the FIFA Council last month.Qualification format:The first round will consist of 14 home-and-away ties, featured the 28 lowest ranked teams in Africa. The draw for the first round is scheduled to take place on 27 July 2019.The second round will see the top 26 ranked CAF teams joined by the 14 winners from the first round. These teams will be drawn into ten groups of four teams.The third round will see the 10 group winners from the second round drawn into five home-and-away ties. The winners of each tie will advance to the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.Having qualified for back to back AFCON for the first time in over 40 years, the Uganda Cranes will be attempting to make history and reach the World Cup for the first time in history.In the last World cup (2018), Africa was represented by Nigeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Senegal and Morocco.Comments Tags: CafFifaFIFA World Cup 2022topUganda Craneslast_img read more