嘉兴高端商务会所

first_img May 13, 2021 Find out more June 23, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 to go further Reporters Without Borders has protested after journalist Olga Wornat, who is being sued by the wife of President Vicente Fox, was placed under house arrest by a federal civil judge on 6 May while awaiting his verdict. The ruling was a violation of free expression and evidence of a two-tier justice system, it said. Organisation News May 5, 2021 Find out more NSO Group hasn’t kept its promises on human rights, RSF and other NGOs say Reporter murdered in northwestern Mexico’s Sonora state Help by sharing this information Follow the news on Mexico Reportscenter_img RSF_en April 28, 2021 Find out more Son of president’s wife sues journalist News Receive email alerts Manuel Bribiesca, the son of President Vicente Fox’s wife Marta Sahagún, said on 22 June he would sue journalist Olga Wornat and her publishers Grijalbo (Random House-Mondadori) for the contents of her book “Crónicasmalditas.” Five days earlier, a judge lifted a house arrest order that had been imposed on Wornat pending a decision on a claim by Fox’s wife that she had been “morally wronged” in the book._____________________________21.06.05 – House arrest ends for journalistA house arrest order imposed on journalist Olga Wornat on 6 May, pending a decision on a claim by President Vicente Fox’s wife Marta Sahagún that she had been “morally wronged,” was lifted on 17 June by federal civil judgeCarlos Miguel Jiménez Mora. He called on both parties to respect the other, failing which they would have to pay a fine equal to at least 50 days wages.___________________________23.05.05 – Controversial Argentine journalist threatened “with flowers”Argentine journalist Olga Wornat, the author of a controversial new book about Mexico called “Accursed Chronicles,” received an anonymous written death threat in a wooden coffin-shaped box filled with orchids, sunflowers and tuberose which a bellboy left outside her room in Mexico City’s Nikko Hotel on 16 May.The message said: “Madam, I congratulate you for the audacity of your writing but I must warn you that your life is in danger in our country. You could be the victim of an accident, which would truly be a pity for such a courageous woman. In my humble view, you should leave the country.”A young man in the uniform of the package delivery company Multipack had left the box at the hotel reception at 4:30 pm. Wornat immediately filed a complaint with the Mexico City public prosecutor, who ordered an investigation and sent four policemen to the hotel to take statements. The authorities also offered Wornat a bodyguard, but she declined, saying she intended “to continue living normally.”__________________________________9.05.05 – Civil judge puts journalist in dispute with president’s wife under house arrestReporters Without Borders has protested after a civil judge placed journalist Olga Wornat, who is being sued by President Vincente Fox’s wife Marta Sahagún, under house arrest.”It is surprising and shocking that house arrest can be used in a civil and not criminal case,” said Reporters Without Borders. “Would this step, unprecedented in Mexico, have been taken if the complainant wasn’t the first lady?” it wondered.”This case is not only a violation of free expression but also gives rise to a two-tier standard in the justice system.”The Argentine journalist and writer is the author of an unauthorised biography of Marta Sahagún entitled La Jefa that appeared in 2003, and a recent work Crónicas malditas (Accursed Chronicles) investigating the presidential couple and their entourage.In the “Accursed Chronicles”, Wornat claims that the first lady’s sons, particularly Manuel Bribiesca Sahagún, had been found guilty of influence-peddling and illegally enriching themselves through building sector contracts. She said that Manuel Bribiesca Sahagún had a private jet worth one million dollars.Marta Sahagún’s personal secretary announced on 3 May that a case was being lodged against the journalist for “moral wrong”. Civil federal judge Carlos Jiménez Mora admitted the claim on 6 May and placed Wornat under house arrest while awaiting his decision.Manuel Bribiesca Sahagún, who denies the allegations in Wornat’s book, said on 8 May that he also intended to take her to court.”I have been harassed for several days by people following me and watching me in the hotel where I live,” Wornat told Reporters Without Borders, adding that her phone was being tapped. “I have never been so afraid,” she said. MexicoAmericas News 2011-2020: A study of journalist murders in Latin America confirms the importance of strengthening protection policies MexicoAmericas last_img read more

first_imgPierre-Emerick Aubameyang broke an Arsenal record during the victory over Norwich (Picture: BT Sports)Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang admits he is ‘really proud’ after breaking an Arsenal record previously held by Thierry Henry during the Gunners’ emphatic victory over Norwich City.The Gabon forward brought up a half century of Premier League goals for Arsenal in just his 75th appearance as Mikel Arteta’s side thumped Norwich 4-0 on Wednesday eveningIn doing so, Aubameyang eclipsed Premier League legend Henry’s record for the north London outfit.Aubameyang joined Arsenal in a £56million move from Borussia Dortmund in 2018 and has now scored 62 goals in 101 appearances for the club.ADVERTISEMENTAsked about breaking Henry’s Arsenal record, Aubameyang told Sky Sports: ‘[I am] really proud, really proud.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘First of all I’m proud of the team because we did a great job. I’m really happy and proud. 🔴 Fastest players to reach 50 PL goals for @ArsenalApps:79 – Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang83 – Thierry Henry87 – Ian Wright101 – Alexis Sanchez113 – Olivier Giroud pic.twitter.com/VlaeNasEoS— Sky Sports Statto (@SkySportsStatto) July 1, 2020 ‘My performance was good, I think. I’m always happy to score goals and help the team win games.’Aubameyang fired Arsenal in front against Norwich on Wednesday evening and then added the hosts’ third after Granit Xhaka doubled the Gunners’ lead before half-time.Cedric Soares then netted his first Arsenal goal as Arteta’s side secured an emphatic 4-0 victory to climb to seventh in the Premier League.Discussing Aubameyang after the win, Arteta said: ‘The way he works everyday he decides to get better. Hopefully he’s here for longer.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘He can see what we are trying to do and hopefully he can evolve.’On his team’s performance, Arteta added: ‘They are so willing, we convinced them even more this is the right direction.‘We cannot give anything to the opponent. I’m really pleased with the understanding of the game.’Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page.MORE: Aubameyang drops contract hint after Saka signs new deal Arsenal dealMORE: Arsenal postpone Lacazette decision because of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Comment Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 1 Jul 2020 8:27 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link9.5kSharescenter_img Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang reacts to breaking Thierry Henry’s Arsenal record Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

first_imgStuff co.nz 28 March 2015Two weeks ago, Jess Taylor’s future parents-in-law got a letter.The 22-year-old left it on the kitchen table of their Invercargill home before going to work.In the letter, Taylor requested to be referred to as a “he” from now on. His new name would be Nathaniel.The letter took an hour to write but “forever” to compose, Taylor says.“It’s such a huge thing to have to tell people – ‘Hey, this is the person you thought you knew’ – I’m still that exact same person, I just might not look that way.”Taylor recalls coming to breakfast the next morning and hearing a voice call out: “Morning, Nate.”“That was the best feeling in the world.”As a child growing up in Sydney, the young Jessica Taylor would pray to God to wake up a male.“I grew up and I thought, ‘No, I can’t do this’,” Taylor says.”So I pretended to be someone else.”About two months ago, Taylor decided he could no longer lie to himself or those in his life.It is a situation the Southern District Health Board (SDHB) is ill-equipped to deal with.Taylor asked his GP to refer him to a psychiatrist for a gender dysphoria assessment, which is required for an endocrinologist to prescribe hormone therapy.The SDHB sent a letter saying it could not help him.Instead, Taylor will see a psychiatrist in Christchurch.Lynda Whitehead, president of trans support agency Agender, says the lack of services available to trans people is not news to her, but it was impossible to say how many people were affected.She says any psychiatrist could talk to someone with dysphoria.“Generally speaking, while they may not be an expert in gender dysphoria, they’re all aware of it. There’s bound to be someone in Invercargill.”Taylor’s endocrinology consultations and prescriptions would be likely subsided but his psychiatric assessment and mastectomy would not.The Ministry of Health offers funding for gender reassignment surgery but for Taylor, such surgery would be years away.For now, an online fundraiser has enough money for him to legally change his name.He plans to hang the certificate on the wall.“There are going to be days where I look down at my body and go, ‘This doesn’t look right’,” Taylor says. “But then I can look up at the wall and go, ‘That’s right. I’m Nathaniel’.”The SDHB did not respond to requests for comment.http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/life/67534833/The-cost-of-coming-out-as-transgenderlast_img read more