first_imgKayla Fitzgerald-Hullemeyer, age 25 of Batesville, died Friday, July 8, 2016 at her residence.  Born August 16, 1990 in Beech Grove, Indiana, she is the daughter of Jacqueline (Nee: Wenning) and Brent Fitzgerald.  She married Tyler Hullemeyer July 2, 2016.  She was a care giver with the Direct Support Staff of New Horizons.Kayla had a magnetic personality that drew people to her.  Kind hearted, energetic and outgoing, she liked being able to help others which made her a natural for her job of helping individuals with special needs.  She was also athletic, having played soccer in high school where she could play several positions as well as a pitcher for the softball team.  A talented artist, she excelled at abstract painting and was very much an animal lover.  In her down time, she enjoyed watching HGTV, Once Upon a Time and loved watching movies.  To say Kayla was a huge Star Wars fanatic would be an understatement.  Although not one to watch a lot of sports, she did like football and was a Steelers fan.Kayla is survived by her parents Jackie and Brent Fitzgerald of Batesville; husband Tyler Hullemeyer of Batesville; daughter Zoey Fay; sisters Miranda Fitzgerald of Indianapolis, Indiana, Isabel Fitzgerald of Batesville; maternal grandparents Rosie and Ralph Wenning of Batesville; paternal grandmother Nancy Beckner of Indianapolis, Indiana as well as numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.  She is preceded in death by her paternal grandfather Gary Fitzgerald.Visitation is Tuesday, July 12th, from 4 – 7 p.m. at the Weigel Funeral Home.  Funeral services are 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 13th, at the Srs. of St. Francis Chapel in Oldenburg with Rev. John Meyer officiating.  Burial will be in St. Louis Cemetery.  The family requests memorials to the Zoey Fay Trust Fund or New Horizons.last_img read more

first_imgSouthampton extended their unbeaten run to a fifth league match but were unable to eke out a deserved Barclays Premier League victory against Stoke. Blustery conditions made the St Mary’s encounter a battle of wills, with the odd sudden downpour making life even tougher for both sides. Southampton edged the grizzly encounter but Stoke’s resilience and impressive second-half defending saw the match finish 2-2. All four Premier League encounters between these sides have now ended level, although Saints looked good for three points when Rickie Lambert curled home an impressive early free-kick. The set-piece was awarded after Charlie Adam handled, although he made amends with an exquisite through-ball for Peter Odemwingie to score Stoke’s first away goal of 2014. It began a spell of three goals in six minutes, with Steven Davis fortuitously putting Saints back ahead as his cross evaded Asmir Begovic, only for City to again level through former Southampton frontman Peter Crouch. Mauricio Pochettino’s side dominated the second half but were unable to find a way past Stoke, who held on to end a four-game losing streak away from the Britannia Stadium. Both sides made two alterations for the clash in similarly blustery conditions to the reverse encounter in November. Artur Boruc remembers the 1-1 draw all too well, having been caught out after 13 seconds by Stoke counterpart Begovic’s long kick up the field. There was another early goal this time, although here it was Begovic picking the ball out of his net after Saints were awarded a free-kick on the edge of the box following an Adam handball. The position looked ideal for a cross but Lambert had other ideas, sending the ball curling into the top right-hand corner. It was quite the start from Saints but not one that put the visitors off, with Odemwingie testing Boruc with a low strike soon after. Saints were having to defend diligently to keep Stoke at bay and were creating little at the other end until an impressive Davis-led getaway in the 28th minute. Winning the ball deep in his own half, the Northern Ireland captain ran the length of the field before playing through the overlapping Nathaniel Clyne, whose strike across goal was parried by Begovic. After a sudden downpour cleared, Saints returned to the attack and Clyne saw a shot blocked before a close-range Lambert attempt was somehow turned away. It was a missed chance the hosts were made to rue in the 38th minute. Atoning for the handball that gifted Saints the opener, Adam, making his 50th league appearance for Stoke, played an exquisite through-ball for Odemwingie to direct home past Boruc. The goal was Stoke’s first away from home in 369 minutes but they were back behind just three minutes later as Davis’ cross evaded everyone in the box and rippled the back of the net. Begovic should have done better with the goal, which could also be said for counterpart Boruc three minutes later. Adam was again the provider, with his corner from the right met at the near post by Crouch before Boruc could punch the ball away. The second half begun in the same end-to-end fashion, but without goals punctuating the play every couple of minutes. Jay Rodriguez, left unmarked from a corner, sent a header wide and Davis glanced a cross straight into Begovic’s grasp, before Maya Yoshida recovered from an ill-timed slip to head away from danger as Crouch loitered. Referee Craig Pawson waved away a penalty appeal from the hosts after Adam Lallana’s cross struck Glenn Whelan’s hand as Pochettino’s side upped the ante, with Lambert seeing a 20-yard strike deflected behind. Jack Cork struck wide after Jose Fonte and Crouch had a tiff at the other end, with the giant striker booked soon after as the home fans reminded him of his Portsmouth links. Saints were dominating the play but were being frustrated time and time again by Stoke’s miserly defence. Ryan Shawcross was leading the back line with aplomb, with only one clear-cut chance for the hosts in the dying stages. Substitute Calum Chambers’ fine ball to the far post was met by Morgan Schneiderlin, but the midfielder’s close-range strike flew into the side-netting – much to the delight of the 1,041 visiting fans. Press Associationlast_img read more

first_imgHearts of Oak have been boosted by news that striker Mahatma Otoo will be available for selection against arch-rivals Asante Kotoko on Sunday in the Ghana Premier League derby.Otoo picked an injury during their Premier League game with Liberty Professionals on Saturday and there have been concerns about his ability to recover fully in time for Ghana’s version of the ”El-Classico.”The Ghana Under-20 captain has declared himself fit to face Kotoko.“I picked a minor knock in the game but now I feel good and I’m ready for Kotoko on Sunday. It was a deliberate attempt to come out of the game that early so I can be fully ready for the game as been suggested by some fans,” Otoo told GHANAsoccernet.com”Matches involving Kotoko and Hearts of Oak have always been uncompromising and it will be a feather in my cup and that of my team-mates if we beat them. We know it’s going to be tough but I’m positive about our chances.”Hearts beat Kotoko in the first leg 1-0 at the Baba Yara Stadium. Source; Ghanasoccernet.comlast_img read more