上海千花网

first_imgAudioHomepage BannerNews RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Journey home will be easier – Paul Hegarty Facebook FT Report: Derry City 2 St Pats 2 Pinterest News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th WhatsApp DL Debate – 24/05/21 Pinterest WhatsApp Google+center_img Twitter Twitter Previous articleBrexit talks resume in Brussels as deadline loomsNext article“Star of Hope” has an important message – Chamber president News Highland By News Highland – November 16, 2020 Derry draw with Pats: Higgins & Thomson Reaction Changes needed in windfarm planning protocols – Pringle Google+ Donegal County Council says a full multi-agency investigation is underway into the bog slippage at the site of Meenbog Wind Farm near Barnesmore Gap, with a focus on mitigating the impact of the event, preventing further pollution, and determining the cause of the event.No threat has been identified to water supplies on either side of the border, but there is serious concern for the future of the salmon and trout fishery in the Derg River system in Tyrone.Local campaigners say they have been warning something like this would happen for some time.Meanwhile, a Donegal TD is calling for changes in the way Environmental Impact Studies are carried out on proposed infrastructural developments such as windfarms.On the Nine til Noon Show today, Deputy Thomas Pringle said there is one change that could be made now which he believes would improve confidence in the system……Audio Playerhttps://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pringwindfarm1pm-1.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Harps come back to win in Waterford Facebooklast_img read more

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Mike Filippone, of North Babylon, will make his third attempt at a Guinness World Record on Saturday. (Photo: Handout)A North Babylon man will be looking to make the record books Saturday during an event to raise money for a memorial fund dedicated to a beloved friend who was killed by a drunk driver two years ago.Mike Filippone won’t be chasing just any record either—he’s pursuing a Guinness World Record that he helped create.Three years ago, Filippone was driving around in his truck when the idea dawned on him. So that year, he recommended the batting marathon record to Guinness and then headed to the diamond for his first shot at grabbing the record.Filippon couldn’t complete the 24-hour marathon and then missed out on the record again last year by only five hours. But now he’s ready to dig into the batter’s box again and he’s confident this year will be different.“I really feel like I have a good chance,” he said when reached by phone Friday.Filippone, a 52-year-old father of four, will sprint onto the diamond with a heavy heart. He selected Father’s Day weekend so he could pay tribute to his own father who passed away, as well as Dan Gambardella, his friend and fellow baseball coach killed by a drunk driver in April 2011.“It’s going to be hard day,” he said. “But you know what? It has a special meaning.”Gambardella’s widow, Linda, who has dedicated her life to helping struggling families in the community, established the Dan Gambardella Memorial Fund after his death.And she’s even played a part in Saturday’s batting marathon, which is expected to draw hundreds of local residents prepared to cheer Filippone on during his quest to reach Guinness World Record fame—and at the same time, raise thousands of dollars in his friend’s name.Linda is the one who suggested that a personal trainer at a kickboxing gym in Copiague train Filippone to improve his endurance. Since then, Filippone has been training three days a week. He pointed to his newfound exercise routine as the reason why he’s so confident going into this year’s baseball-smashing marathon.“The expectations are higher,” he said, adding that the record-breaking challenge has “really taken over my life.”Sure, he wants to finally claim the record, but he’s not overly concerned about the outcome. Whether or not Filippone puts his name in the record books or not, he just hopes North Babylon residents will come out in droves to contribute to the Dan Gambardella Memorial Fund.“He was the nicest guy you’d ever want to know,” he said of Gambardella.The event starts at 8 a.m. at Phelps Lane Park in North Babylon.last_img read more

first_imgRipley County, in. — A Ripley County family is homeless after a Tuesday evening fire in the 5000 block of County Road 400 West.Firefighters from Versailles, New Marian and Friendship responded to the blaze around 11:30 p.m. No occupants were in the home at the time of the fire.No injuries were reported. No damage estimate is available. The cause is not suspicious in nature.last_img

first_imgplayers’ profiles.Goal.com will in turn enjoy first access to management and players post-match, images and other content for promotional purposes.Remo Stars will enjoy the benefits of being associated with one of the most visited football website in Nigeria, with a network of more than 36 editions across the globe publishing in more than 30 languages.Speaking about the partnership, Perform West Africa Country Manager, Mr. Seun Methowe said, “We have been looking for strategic ways to engage the budding Nigerian domesticfootball scene and Remo Stars is a club that fits into our vision.”“They are a dynamic young club that have ambition to grow into a successful brand. With Goal’s Online Media Partnership, Remo Stars will be able to tell the stories of their club onand off the pitch to our wide network of discerning users who are obsessed with football,” Methowe concluded.Remo Stars General Manager Mr. Lookman Ogungberin also spoke about the partnership: “Remo Stars have entered into this agreement with Goal.com Nigeria in order to grow ourbrand equity. While we continue to strive for success on the pitch, we believe telling our stories in and out of the pitch through Goal.com will create the synergy we need to become arespected club in Nigeria.”The deal would run for one year in its first instalment with an option of extension.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Football website, Goal.com, a subsidiary of Perform Group, have reached an agreement with Nigeria Professional Football League side, Remo Stars to become the Online Media Partner of the club.The agreement will see Goal.com promote Remo Stars across its digital platforms with weekly editorials, features, news andlast_img read more

first_imgGhana’s goals in their 2015 Africa Cup of Nations 3-0 semi-final win over hosts Equatorial Guinea in Malabo on Thursday. Jordan Ayew opened the scoring on 42 minutes from the penalty box after Kwesi Appiah was felled inside the box by goalkeeper Felipe Ovono.Two minutes later, Mubarak Wakaso finished a nice counter attack move before captain Andre Ayew scored in the second half to seal the win.last_img

first_imgBy John BurtonLONG BRANCH – A proposal before the Zoning Board to construct a Jewish synagogue on a long empty West End property was met with disapproval by area residents and business owners.Phyllis Bermensolo came to the meeting on Monday, June 11, and listened intently while sitting through the lengthy application hearing to construct a synagogue on Ocean Avenue.Bermensolo said she was here to show her support for the neighborhood businesses.“It wouldn’t matter to me what kind of religious congregation it is,” Bermensolo said. “It’s not good for the flavor of the West End shopping community.”Bermensolo, who said she has lived in the city all her life and in the neighborhood for 35 years, wasn’t alone in her view of the proposal. She joined a full room of local business owners, property owners and residents who have reservations and concerns about the project.Menachem Learning Institute, operating as Cha­bad of The Shore, is seeking a use variance and other approvals to construct a 21,321 square foot, two-story synagogue with a roughly 200-seat sanctuary and a multipurpose room on a three-quarter acre property on Ocean Avenue, between Brighton Avenue and West End Court.The location was previously a movie theater and has been vacant now for about 20 years. The property also has another empty structure which had housed a deli and upstairs apartments, according to Steven J. Tripp, the lawyer representing the applicant.The synagogue and its congregation currently hold Orthodox Jewish religious services and educational and cultural programs in an office complex at 620 Ocean Ave. It has been there for about four years, said Rabbi Laibel Schapiro.The congregation has been looking for an appropriate location for about that long that could accommodate its needs and offer adequate parking, Schapiro told the zoning board.Most of the members, Schapiro explained, are from the immediate area with about 50 percent of them walking to the location. The remainder, he said, are from surrounding towns.The proposed site, long unused, has become a sort of unofficial public parking lot, “whether legally or not,” as Tripp described it, for customers and diners of the neighborhood’s shops and restaurants.Available parking appears to be one of the concerns for West End businesses, whose owners filled the hall.The West End Business Association, an unincorporated and loose confederation of business and property owners, hired its own attorney, Ron Gasiorowski of Red Bank, to contest the application.Chabad of the Shore would need the zoning board to grant it a use variance; houses of worship are not a permitted use in the commercially zoned area.“The issue is it’s not a permitted use,” Gasiorowski said afterwards, explaining his clients’ objections.During a break, William Johnson, co-owner of a Brighton Avenue pizzeria, said, “Our biggest concern is parking. The parking is already bad.”“The issue is synergy,” said Martin Grubman. He owns 57-61 Brighton Ave., a retail and residential building that, along with a number of other buildings, was destroy­ed by fire in Febru­ary, and is in the process of trying to rebuild.“The thing that drives me crazy about the whole proposal,” Grubman continued, “is it’s splitting the retail district.” He contended that locating the synagogue at the site would separate two blocks of businesses, and would create a jarring incongruity for the area.“If it didn’t affect the retail district, I couldn’t care less,” Grubman insisted.Through his cross examination of the rabbi, Gasiorowski contended the congregation in its current location was in violation of city zoning laws by holding religious services in a commercial zone. That left some board members troubled.­“We’ve been down this road before,” Board Chairwoman Terry Janeczek said.Janeczek told Schapiro and Tripp that some years back the board granted similar approval to another synagogue. “We’ve had nothing but people berating us,” since then, because of overflow parking issues for the neighbors. “People who’ve lived there 15-20 years can’t park,” Janeczek said.Tripp pointed out there is case law for boards to grant latitude for projects the courts have deemed as inherently beneficial uses, such as this.“We are building a facility in West End because we want to be part of the community,” Schapiro told the board. “Our parking lot will be open all the time,” and could be made available for the public and businesses when not in use by the synagogue.“They would certainly be willing to work out an agreement with the city,” Tripp offered.Bermensolo said the site should remain retail, which would support a neighborhood that has been struggling to compete with the upscale Pier Village development and the tough recession. “I feel we have to be fair to those people who have stuck with the city,” she said.The board is expected to again hear this application on Sept. 10.last_img read more

first_imgCorning >> It’s been more than five years since the Corning Cardinals football team beat its neighbor and rival Orland Trojans and Friday night they were due.It took every second of the game, but the Cardinals didn’t disappoint the home crowd, taking 27-25 win on a Junior Gonzalez field goal at time ran out. The team rushed the field and mobbed Gonzalez at midfield as the grandstands roared.“They’ve been really strong but our kids battled hard,” said coach John Studer after the win. “It’s not …last_img read more

first_imgTottenham midfielder Oliver Skipp delighted with full Premier League debutby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveTottenham midfielder Oliver Skipp was delighted with his full Premier League debut for victory over Burnley.Christian Eriksen fired Spurs’ injury-time winner on Saturday.With Jan Vertonghen missing with a thigh injury and Eric Dier suffering from a virus, left-back Ben Davies stepped in at centre-back while 18-year-old Academy product Oliver Skipp was handed his full Premier League debut. Fellow Academy starlet TJ Eyoma was on the bench as defensive cover.Skipp beamed, “It’s a great result to get the last-minute winner and it’s topped off a great day for me! “I was happy to have gained the manager’s trust.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

first_imgAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Arsenal teenager Martinelli stunned by Aubameyang: The guy on TV!by Freddie Taylora month agoSend to a friendShare the loveGabriel Martinelli admits he was starstruck when first meeting Arsenal team-mate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.The 18-year-old kicked off his Arsenal career with a fine double in the 5-0 win over Nottingham Forest on Tuesday. Speaking after the game, the summer signing from Ituano revealed it was surreal meeting the famous striker.He told Globo Esporte: “It hadn’t sunk in yet. I arrived for lunch on the first day, I’m eating there, Aubameyang arrives and sits next to me, speaking Portuguese with me, ‘Tudo bem?’, trying to communicate. “You see, the guy so good, humble. I was like: ‘Man, Aubameyang, who I saw on TV, came to talk to me!””He’s also a guy who gave me a lot of support at the club, trying to communicate with me. I have to thank everyone at the club. They’re very nice people.” last_img read more

first_imgTORONTO – Detour Gold Corp. says it has raised concerns with securities regulators about statements by a U.S. hedge fund.The mining company says it notified the Ontario Securities Commission of alleged “concerning and unlawful behaviour” by Paulson and Co., which it says is meant to pressure the board into a quick sale of the company.Paulson and Co. had earlier released a statement saying it had been informed that Detour Gold had been approached by a major gold mining company interested in potentially acquiring it.The investment firm says it will go ahead with efforts to try and replace the board of directors at Detour because of the company’s approach to the matter.Detour Gold says Paulson and Co.’s statements are false and misleading, and it does not have a sale process in place nor has it received offers to purchase its shares.Detour’s share price closed up $1.45 or 11.84 per cent to $13.70 after Paulson issued the statement about a potential offer.last_img read more