上海夜网UL

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

first_img‘Times of hardship’ Khamenei advised Iranians that “everyone should follow the instructions” of the authorities to fight the epidemic “so that Almighty God will put an end to this calamity for the Iranian people, for all Muslim nations and for all mankind”.Jahanpour said Tehran province had reported 249 new cases and the central province of Yazd, where 84 new patients had been counted, “could become a new focus of the disease in the coming days”.To limit the spread of the virus, the authorities have asked people to refrain from travelling during the nation’s current New Year celebrations. In Iran “about 68 percent of deaths from COVID-19 disease are people over 60 years of age”, Jahanpour said, stressing that family trips “are generally risk factors for this age group”. Iran has a population of some 81 million and the disease is present in all 31 provinces. While it refuses to seek assistance from the American “Great Satan”, the Islamic Republic has not closed the door to international help. Iran said that by mid-March it had received medical equipment or financial aid from Azerbaijan, Britain, China, France, Germany, Japan, Qatar, Russia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates. Aid group Doctors Without Borders (MSF) announced Sunday it would send a 50-bed inflatable hospital and a nine-person emergency team to Isfahan, Iran’s third largest city. “Iran is by far the hardest hit country in the region and Isfahan is the second most affected province in the country, and we hope that our aid will relieve, at least in part, the pressure on the local health system,” said Julie Reverse, MSF’s representative in Iran.  Iran’s supreme leader Ali Khamenei said Sunday his country would never accept any aid to fight the novel coronavirus from arch-enemy and “charlatans” the United States, as Tehran announced 129 new deaths.Speaking in a televised address, Khamenei charged in a message directed at Washington: “No one trusts you. You are capable of bringing into our country a drug that will keep the virus alive and prevent its eradication.”Iran has been one of the countries worst hit by the COVID-19 illness along with Italy, Spain and China, and the latest fatalities raised the official death toll to 1,685, the health ministry said. More than 1,028 new cases in the past 24 hours meant a total of 21,638 people had now tested positive for the virus, said ministry spokesman Kianouche Jahanpour.US President Donald Trump — who has stepped up sanctions and a “maximum pressure” campaign on Tehran over its nuclear program — said on February 29 that Washington was ready to help Iran fight the virus if its leaders requested it. But Khamenei reiterated Iran’s rejection, charging that Washington, which whom it has had no diplomatic relations for more than 40 years, was “capable” of wanting to intensify the epidemic in the Islamic republic.”Today America is our most ferocious and vicious enemy,” Khamenei said in his address to the nation. “The American leaders are liars, manipulators, impudent and greedy … They are charlatans,” he said, also labeling them “absolutely ruthless” and “terrorists”.The American proposals “to help us with medicines and treatments, provided we ask for them, are strange”, he said, noting that the United States itself suffers from “a horrible shortage not only of disease prevention equipment but also of medicines”. Speaking to Washington, he added: “If you have something, use it for yourself.” Topics :last_img read more

first_imgThe most recent case of Pavia was a repatriated seafarer – a 32-year-old male (Patient No. 92) – but had not entered the town yet; he was at a quarantine facility. The town’s first confirmed case was a 59-year-old female (Patient No. 10) who died in the first week of April. The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. The town of Pavia, too, is now COVID-19-free. Its two confirmed cases both recovered – a 50-year-old male (Patient No. 37) and his 52-year-old wife (Patient No. 38). Barotac Nuevo also had no more COVID-19 case following the May 7 recovery of a 25-year-old female (Patient No. 36) – the second of two recorded cases in the town. Patient No. 42 was a grandson of the 94-year-old male (Patient No. 31) who died due to COVID-19 on April 7. Guimbal also had no more COVID-19 cases. Two of its three confirmed cases had recovered – a 51-year-old female (Patient No. 18) and a 65-year-old male (Patient No. 2). Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don’t feel unwell. ILOILO – The municipalities of Miag-ao, Barotac Nuevo, Guimbal, and Pavia have no more cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The other COVID-19 case in Miag-ao was a 22-year-old female (Patient No. 12).  She recovered much earlier than Patient No. 42. It was on May 9 yet when Miag-ao’s third recorded case, a 21-year-old male (the region’s Patient No. 42), recovered, according to the Department of Health (DOH) Region 6. COVID-19 is the infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus. This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China in December 2019. Possible vaccines and some specific drug treatments are under investigation. They are being tested through clinical trials. The World Health Organization is coordinating efforts to develop vaccines and medicines to prevent and treat COVID-19.  The other case, a 58-year-old male (Patient No. 22) died. People can catch COVID-19 from others who have the virus. The disease can spread from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth which are spread when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales./PNlast_img read more

first_imgIn the middle of the race to sign a striker, but with the team’s sport crisis on the table, Josep Maria Bartomeu granted an interview to Mundo Deportivo on the occasion of the gala that organized this media last Monday. The first that He wanted to send a message of confidence to Setién: “He is a coach we like. Both his philosophy of play and his way of thinking. We know that it is not always easy when a coach arrives. There have been few matches and few trainings but soon we will see positive changes. “Then, Bartomeu stopped to talk about several proper names. First, Messi and his renewal: “He has a contract until 2021. Our goal is to retire at Barça and therefore it will have to be renewed. He has a lot of football to teach us and enjoy it. Therefore, he will not finish in 2021 his exercise as a footballer and will have to be renewed of course so that he ends up at Barça whenever he wants. “And then, of Neymar and his possible arrival in summer:” It is the recurring question that makes us all the world since last year but I already said it. Until we have meetings and plan the following season, this topic will not be discussed. Now we are very aware of what we can do this January, some departures that are seen and some arrival. But for next season it has not been spoken and if it has been spoken, I cannot reveal it. We are always open to everything. “ On Suarez he did clear balls outside: “(his renovation) is not on the table. We have not talked to him or his agent. If the opportunity arises, we will talk about it. But we are currently worried about his recovery. It was a shame that you miss this important part of the season. “He also dropped that there will be an extraordinary Assembly to launch the Espai Barça: “We do not know yet (if it will be in March the Assembly), but there will come a time when we must gather the compromising partners to consult them in order to start the works of the Camp Nou. But the Estadi Johan Cruyff is finished, the Mini is already demolished and this does not stop. Now it is necessary to ask the members if they agree with this financing to continue with the Camp Nou, which is the most important of this project, renovate the stadium that is already a few years old. “last_img read more

first_imgCarlos Fernandez went through the DAZN microphones after the defeat in the first leg of the Copa del Rey semifinals against Athletic.Semifinals: “In the end we knew the difficulty of the tie. There is no need to draw any conclusions. It’s a 180-minute game. The team has given everything and the tie is fully open.”Three defense: “The idea was to adjust their output and there were times when we were late. We felt better. We could not score, but the tie is still open.” Play off: “They are long qualifiers, 180-minute games and you don’t have to go crazy in the first game despite what Athletic demands in your field. The team has been up to par. We leave with the feeling that we have left 90 minutes to the final. “Copa del Rey: “What began as a long adventure, a competition with a new format allows you to reach this type of qualifiers. We have achieved it and now we will give everything to reach the final.”last_img read more